Project Manager - Litigation Support
White Plains, NY
About the Job
We are currently seeking a high energy and experienced industry expert to join Nexant’s Energy and Chemicals Advisory Business Unit to lead and grow our activities in litigation support. The successful candidate will be dynamic with a demonstrated track record of winning business in litigation support as well as management and execution of engagements. Great communication skills and the ability to work in professional teams a must. Personal experience serving as an expert witness, being deposed, and providing support to clients or legal teams a must. Sector coverage includes conventional and emerging/renewable energy and petrochemicals.
- Utilize existing relationships and aggressively develop new industry contacts to win new business
- Write proposals and close contracts Liaise with clients to manage expectations and overall satisfaction
- Manage assignments and maintain quality control, budget and schedule of all deliverables
- Develop and lead teams of professional consultants in the area of litigation support
- Help maintain and extend Nexant’s experience and capabilities in litigation support consultancy covering commercial, techno-economic and strategic analysis. Typically, this is achieved through preparation of conference papers, and press articles as well as personal relationships
- Primary degree in Chemical Engineering
- Higher degree in relevant subject is a plus (Masters, MBA, PhD)
- Minimum of 10-15 years of industry experience with a specific technical and/or commercial focus in the petrochemicals industry
- Working experience with an energy or petrochemical company, with several years spent at a top industry or management consultancy a requirement
- Proven ability to generate consulting revenue
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills
- Good analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Comfortable in a teaming environment
- Positive and flexible attitude
- Excellent verbal communication skills in English
- Diplomatic in meeting and working with people, good cultural awareness
- IT skills including word processing, advanced knowledge of Excel, and use of various databases
- Flexible and willing to work extra hours as necessary to accommodate busy work loads
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 650+ employees work from 32 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through three distinct business units:
- Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, Nexant iHedge® and Nexant RevenueManager®.
- Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement.
- Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.