Field Survey Interviewer- San Francisco Bay Area, CA
San Francisco, CA - 2nd Street
Duties and Responsibilities
Nexant is looking for survey interviewers to conduct hour-long in-person interviews with study participants in communities in the Bay Area. The study is sponsored by the University of California Berkeley and the US National Institutes of Health, Institute on Aging. The topics of the interview relate to the impacts of interpersonal relationships on health. Qualified candidates must be licensed to drive. Mileage and other valid expenses will be reimbursed.
- Driving to specific locations at scheduled times to visit study participants
- Administering computer-assisted surveys on laptop computers in participants’ homes or other locations. We provide laptops, software and training.
- Detailed record keeping
- Delivering electronic and hard-copy data to project managers
- Attending team meetings and training sessions
- Regular communication with Nexant project management staff concerning the data collection process
- Valid California Drivers License & clean driving record
- Pass criminal background check, including DUI
- Work independently
- Presentable and professional
- Good follow-up skills
- Excellent record keeping skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality of participants
- Data collection experience desired
- Schedule flexibility to include evenings and weekends
- Excellent time-management skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills and confidence
- Excellent interpersonal skills (must be a “people-person”)
- Good written communication skills
- Follow instructions well
- Good with driving directions
- Qualified candidates who do not own a vehicle should still apply
- Familiarity with the Windows environment including Microsoft Excel
- Comfortable using Laptop computers
- Familiarity with establishing WiFi Internet connection
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 650+ employees work from 32 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through three distinct business units:
- Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, Nexant iHedge® and Nexant RevenueManager®.
- Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement.
- Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.