About the Job
Nexant Canada is seeking a Project Engineer, to be based in our Toronto office.
• Mid-level engineering and analysis support: data collection, project research, energy analyses, etc.
• Conduct primary and secondary data collection efforts as well as data analysis.
• Conduct measurement and verification (M&V) activities for installed energy efficiency measures.
• Conduct market characterization studies in energy efficiency.
• Conduct impact evaluations and cost-effectiveness analyses for energy efficiency programs.
• Analyze utility and energy efficiency program data utilizing Excel or other analytical software, identifying trends, summarizing program events, and identifying causal impacts on program results.
• Develop survey instruments and research design.
• Work independently and in teams to conduct tasks related to primary and secondary research projects and participate in research efforts.
• Meet with clients to present findings and recommendations at client meetings.
• Technical report writings; contribute to draft reports, including results and actionable recommendations.
• Publish papers and other research material.
• Support senior staff with development of presentations, papers and proposals.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (i.e. engineering, environmental science with a focus on energy efficiency / energy management).
• 3+ years of experience in an energy-related field, preferably in a consulting environment.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks.
• An understanding of building systems, energy end uses and equipment, thermodynamics, and heat transfer.
• Energy assessments, analysis of energy data, and/or Measurement and Verification experience is desirable.
• Experience in energy modeling is a plus.
• Experience preparing draft reports detailing analytical findings.
• Excellent writing, communication, and computer skills are mandatory.
• Excellent oral communication skills.
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 650+ employees work from 32 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through three distinct business units:
- Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, Nexant iHedge® and Nexant RevenueManager®.
- Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement.
- Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.