Project Coordinator I (Telecommuter) - Fort Collins, CO
About the Job
Nexant is currently seeking a part time (20-30 hours per week to start, with potential to go fulltime) Project Coordinator - Energy Advisor that will be based in Fort Collins, CO. This is a satellite position to our Louisville, CO office, so you will be working out of your home or a designated office space in Fort Collins, CO during the times you are not out in the field.
The successful candidate will be an energy efficiency expert that has the right mix of technical ability, program expertise, and interpersonal skills to educate and inspire energy-saving actions for working with Platte River Power Authority’s (Platte River’s) customers. Specific responsibilities will include: becoming well-versed in Platte River’s Efficiency Works Business Programs, fielding phone calls from customer inquiries about Efficiency Works Business Programs, scheduling and meeting in person with customers, conducting high level facility site assessments to identify potential energy savings projects, filling out rebate applications and submitting them to Platte River on behalf of the customer, meeting with Trade Ally’s to walk through a facility and coordinate collecting bids, and program marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Think big picture and support the goal to influence customers to be energy and water efficient
- Assist customers to participate strategically in the Efficiency Works Business Programs
- Earn and maintain customer and client trust and continually build relationships
- Know customer desires and show them the benefits of high efficiency options, energy and water management
- Be available, deliver what you promise, and hear what the customer is saying which includes:
- Returning customer phone calls within 24 hours
- Scheduling meetings with customers to collect data on their site and go over the Efficiency Works Business Program and required paperwork to apply for rebates
- Effectively screen and manage incoming projects to ensure project integrity and viability
- Obtain appropriate project information that allows engineers to process projects quickly and use time effectively
- Work collaboratively with Efficiency Works Business Program team leads and engineers during the project review process
- Proactively manage projects that begin to stagnate and take appropriate action or take steps to close the project (generally, after two months) after considering size, viability, timeline, etc.
- Track customer engagements
- Provide immediate program and technical feedback; leverage internal resources (engineering and business management teams) as necessary
- Potentially support Nexant’s other utility programs under the direction of the engineering managers
- Other duties as directed.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience in buildings systems or a similar field is desired
- 1-2 years of experience in a role dealing with coordination, client interaction and project work
- 1-5 years of experience within the energy efficiency or building efficiency industry is a plus
- Excellent organizational, writing, interpersonal, and analytical skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Understanding of building systems (particularly lighting, HVAC, and water) and/or sustainability practices is a plus
- Hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, and control systems is a plus
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 650+ employees work from 32 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through three distinct business units:
- Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, Nexant iHedge® and Nexant RevenueManager®.
- Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement.
- Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.