Senior Project Engineer (Engineer V) - Cary, NC
About the Job
Nexant is currently seeking a Senior Project Engineer (Engineer V) for our Utility Services Business Unit. This position will be located in Cary, North Carolina.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the development and management of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy programs.
- Collaborates with Client’s Account Managers and Trade Allies to develop and review Custom Energy Efficiency projects. This includes reviewing the project scope of work, performing energy savings calculations, providing technical advice, and verifying energy savings.
- Perform energy audits at customer facilities, with or without utility client staff, to identify energy efficiency measures
- Conduct site visits to perform Measurement and Verification
- Meet with the facility owners/contractors/Account Managers (by phone, WebEx or face to face) to answer any technical & programmatic questions/concerns and provide technical advice.
- Perform C&I and Residential energy efficiency calculations by using spreadsheet and/or energy simulation modeling
- Support Nexant’s utility programs under the direction of the Office Head or Program Administrator
- Produce high quality deliverables (reports and spreadsheets) with limited QC review.
- Forge and maintain excellent relationship with client.
- Other duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical engineering, sustainable building practices, or similar
- Minimum 8 years of experience within the energy efficiency or building efficiency industry
- Energy audit and Retrocommissioning experience
- Experience in energy modeling (e.g. eQUEST, EnergyPro, Trane Trace, etc.)
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, training and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven team and client management ability
- Proven time management ability. Able to meet deadlines and anticipate difficulty in meeting deadlines
- Hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, and control systems
- Experience working with mechanical and electrical contractors
- Understanding of residential and commercial building systems (particularly lighting and HVAC) and/or sustainability practices
- Familiarity with relevant building codes and standards (e.g. IECC, ASHRAE 90.1, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Preferred qualifications: PE in Mechanical Engineering, BPI certified and ability to conduct training aimed at contractors
Salary and Benefits (U.S.)
Nexant offers competitive salaries based on candidate's qualifications. Nexant also offers three weeks paid vacation per year, eleven paid holidays per year, a 401(k) plan with employee matching funds and an overall comprehensive benefits package.
Nexant, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nexant is a globally recognized software, consulting and services leader that provides innovative solutions to utilities, energy enterprises, chemical companies and government entities worldwide. Founded in 2000 and headquartered in San Francisco, Nexant and its 650+ employees work from 32 global offices providing deep technical expertise and regional knowledge to improve customer engagement, boost operational efficiency, reduce costs and achieve superior business results.
Nexant supports clients through three distinct business units:
- Nexant Energy Software has developed and commercialized a number of industry-leading software platforms and applications, including Nexant iEnergy®, Nexant Grid360™, Nexant iHedge® and Nexant RevenueManager®.
- Nexant Utility Services works with clients to drive customer energy savings, ensure cost-effective program design, implementation and management, and promote customer engagement.
- Nexant Energy & Chemicals Advisory provides strategic planning, project development, competitor analysis, market and price forecasting, and NexantThinking™, a subscription program and online product portal
Every day, Nexant employees partner with customers to reimagine the world we live in and create a more sustainable energy tomorrow.